Blogger templates

Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lorenzo: "In each race we're beating the best ever"

MARCA interviewed Jorge Lorenzo, and no subject was off-limits as the Spanish rider talked about all the latest in the world of motorcycle racing. Ready to battle it out with the Hondas and once again be crowned MotoGP World Champion, Lorenzo gives us some insights into the championship.
Are you on your best form at the moment as a sportsman?
I thought it would be hard to improve on last season because, apart from crashing in Assen and the last race in Valencia, I didn't finish lower than second place. It was hard to imagine improving on that performance and it's hard to believe. But I think I'm doing it.
It seems as though yourself, Pedrosa and Márquez are in another league.
Right now, our speed and level of concentration are the best ever. On accuracy as well, we're the best riders ever. If you're talking about outrageous slides and spectacular braking, we may not be the best, but on the rest, I think we are.
It didn't take long for the bad feeling in the Honda camp to come to light. Is it as obvious from close quarters?
I don't like saying things for the sake of it, if I say something, it's because I see it and because I feel that way, I'm not going to make anything up and I don't want to enter into psychological warfare. Both the riders in that garage are very competitive, Pedrosa is better than ever and Márquez still has room to improve, both want to be in front of the other at all costs. But that rivalry, if it's not properly managed, can cause problems for one or the other.

0 comments:

Post a Comment